Farmers Market Tomato and Marinated Red Onion Salad of LOVE!
What’s in it??
- 1 1/2 pounds small to medium red and yellow tomatoes, halved if small and quartered if medium
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil/herbs
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 T good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T Balsamic
Let’s Put It Together:
- Toss together onion,balsamic and salt in a large bowl; season with pepper. Drizzle in oil, and toss to combine
Gently toss together tomatoes, onion mixture and basil/herbs, Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I garnished with oven roasted lemons and more fresh herbs.