This year the crop of choice was Potatoes. With over 50 students we rocked the school cafeteria.
CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE!!!!!
Kudos’ to Chef Brad and his team and Chef Andy from Happy Joe’s and the Grill 350 and all the parent volunteers!!!!
A special shout out to Principal Corri Guy and Sarah Davis Priest the brains behind this event, and of course all the teachers your amazing!!!!
- 5 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- between ¼ to ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- oil for frying (canola)
- Peel potatoes. Place in a bowl of cold water so they won’t turn brown.
- When ready to prepare the latkas, drain the potatoes. Place potatoes and onions in a food processor fitted with a knife blade. Pulse until smooth. Drain mixture well.
- Pour potato mixture into a large bowl. Add beaten eggs. Add salt and pepper. Add enough flour so that the mixture holds together.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into a large, deep frying pan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Carefully drop ¼ cup of the potato mixture into the hot oil.
- Flatten the pancake slightly so the center will cook.
- Fry for several minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.