Shrimp Scampi and Tomatoes
Chef Robert The Happy Diabetic: Robert Lewis
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes; (2-3 tomatoes)
- 2 oz Maytag blue cheese
- 4-5 sprigs of basil; fresh
- 4 T. virgin olive oil
- Dash cracked pepper
- 1 lb large fresh shrimp, raw, deveined
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 fresh lime
- Wash and slice tomatoes crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices, 4-5 slices per tomato. Arrange 2-3 slices on each salad plate. Sprinkle the blue cheese on top each tomato. Cut fresh basil leaves into strips and top each tomato with basil. Drizzle olive oil over the tops and add a dash of pepper.
- Shrimp preparation:
- Combine the juice of the lime, oil, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss lightly to coat. Heat the grill on until hot. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn the shrimp. Place the shrimp on top of the tomato, basil, and Maytag blue cheese. Enjoy!