Robert’s Mediterranean Chicken of Love
Author: Robert Lewis
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 17.75 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.92 g
- Protein: 34.58 g
Recipe type: Entree
If you’ve ever traveled to Greece, you know all about the healthy eating habits of the locals. This dish is a rich and full-flavored sample of their cuisine, heavy with aromas from the Mediterranean. The tender chicken, garlic, and tomatoes create a delicious combination that your friends and family will not soon forget, and it’s just as good if you substitute shrimp for the chicken. This recipe is easy to prepare… and remember, it was made with love!
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 10 pitted Kalamata or black pitted olives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced chicken and sautè about 4 to 6 minutes, until golden. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Sautè garlic in pan drippings for 30 seconds, then add tomatoes and sautè for 3 minutes. Lower heat, add white wine, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add oregano, rosemary, and basil, and simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and cover. Cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Add olives and parsley to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.