Spaghetti Squash of LOVE
What’s in it-
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 pounds)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 t olive oil or canola
Let’s Put it togather-
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side up in a oven-safe dish. Drizzle with olive oil or canola oil. Roast at 400 for 45 min. or Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; saute 4-5 minutes longer.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Place squash into the pan with the veggies, sauté until hot and fully mixed. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Chef Robert’s tip: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave. The cook time might take longer or shorter.
One serving (1/2 cup spaghetti squash with 1/2 cup pepper mixture) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.