Charlottes Dill Pickles…old school
Let’s put them together:
THE PICKLING BRINE-
- Dissolve 1/3 cup of kosher salt in 1 1/2 quarts of boiling water.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of mixed pickling spices
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
1. Place 3-4 stalks of fresh dill in the bottom of the crock.
2. Place the washed small pickling cucumbers on top of the dill.
3. Pour THE PICKLING BRINE over the top.
4. Leave the pickles in a cool spot for about a week.
Place a clean plate on top with a small stone to hold the pickles down and covered with the brine.