Someone ounce told me that Super Bowl Sunday calories don’t count? WHAT!!!!!
So for those of you who are concerned about calories and eating healthy on the day of the big game but still want to indulge during the game, I have compiled a selection of tasty healthy recipes made with love!
# 5 Hummus Dip
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Blend chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, in a food processor.
- Stream reserved bean liquid into the mixture as it blends until desired consistency is achieved.
- Can you feel love?
#4 Roasted Kale Chips
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces.
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale very well.
- Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
#3 Lemon Drop and Garlic Roasted Chicken Wings
1 lb chicken wings
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Drain wings and reserve marinade.
- Place wings in baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
#2 Artichoke dip-e-dip
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup light cream cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the artichokes, mayonnaise, light cream cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 3/4 cup mozzarella, garlic salt, pepper, scallions, and parsley in a bowl; transfer to baking dish.
2. Top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella; bake 20–30 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
#1 Roasted Shrimp
20 medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 t chopped garlic
1 lemon thinly sliced
1/4 c olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Pre heat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the shrimp in a single layer in an oven proof glass dish or earthenware dish. Drizzle the oil on top. Sprinkle the shrimp with chopped garlic and season with fresh cracked pepper to taste. Top with the thinly sliced lemon. Bake for about 10-15 min until the shrimp have a pink to lightly golden color. Chop the fresh basil and sprinkle on top of the cooked shrimp. Serves 2.